Thursday, June 17, 2010

June Fun











We have been soooo busy this June so far. The girls are still in school for another month, but we have tried to fit a bit of summer in. Well, when the weather cooperates that is! Tally has turned 9. A very fun day at Cowabunga Bay Water Park and then a Salt Lake BEES game with fireworks that night. I cannot believe she is 9! She is loving guitar and practices just about every day. My mom gave her the old "Schirack" guitar that I learned on. It is big for her, but fits her better than the little pink one she got from Christmas. She received a new "big" skateboard, helmet, and pads for every part of her body I could cover. She is awesome on it though. I am very nervous for her to take it to the skate park, but that is what she is looking forward to. Wow. I never thought I would type a sentence like that! Tals will be in 4th grade next year and I just cannot stand it. She is growing up so fast! They all are. Ashlyn just had her 1st "lunch" at school. She memorized her lunch number with vigor! I think it was the easiest homework assignment ever:) She is soooo looking forward to all day 1st grade and so am I! Marshall started walking while we were rafting in California. He was very close before we left--taking 5 or 6 steps here and there, but the second we leave town- BAM he is mobile! It is soooo adorable to watch him toddle-waddle everywhere. He seems to be turning into a little boy every day right in front of our eyes. Rob and I both have nasty colds right now. Miserable, but we are trying to keep busy and get some stuff done around the house. I am cleaning out the basement and mudroom. He is cleaning out the garage and fixing up the backyard. Always so much to do!
We went to California for a little V-K to visit Sowells and go river-rafting. It was a blast! More successful than our last attempt at being one with nature. We spent a day in San Francisco just the 2 of us and ate at the Stinking Rose restaurant with all of the Sowells that evening...so much fun. We cannot wait to have them visit at the end of July and go to Vegas at the first of August for Rob's Birthday. It will be a busy summer for sure!

1 comments:

Armstrong said...

I can't believe Marshall is walking! It is such a fun stage though is keeps you busy trying to protect them from their new found freedom. Your girls are adorable and growing up so fast. Cowabunga looks fun. We are going to have to try it out before this baby comes. Hope you get feeling better.