Friday, June 26, 2009

11 Years of Marriage!






















I can't believe Rob & I have been married for 11 years now. It means we have been together for 16. That is just crazy to me! It seems like yesterday that we met. We are old now. I guess it is a good thing we still like each other after all this time. I have spent just about half of my life with Rob & wouldn't change a thing. This is the boy who taught me how to drive a car (or tiny white datsun truck with gold flames:), took me to all my school dances (even though he went to a rival HS), put up with & also helped support me through nursing school, overlooks my shopping habit, & has given me 3 beautiful kids. I am not an easy person to live with as most who know me are aware. Rob deserves an award in my book for this alone. He is also a great daddy, even if our kids don't think so most days (he is the enforcer of rules). He can keep our household running & care for our kids while I am working (I work when he is off) which I know most men wouldn't do. I could go on and on I am sure. I just want Rob to know that I love and appreciate him every day. I know I am a lucky girl with a husband who is waaaay hotter than she is! How did I get so LUCKY? Rob suprised me with roses (one of my faves) & we spent a night at the Marriot Hotel downtown. We went to PF Changs for dinner & had the brilliant idea to walk there. Well, as has been the trend, there was a huge downpour that we got to walk back to the hotel in. It did make a pretty rainbow outside of our window though. We just stayed in and utilized the hottub & relaxed without the kids. It was a fantastic little gettaway for our anniversary.

2 comments:

Jeff and Nanci said...

Congrats! That's awesome. I love the highschool dance picture. :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!! That is awesome! I love the high school picture too! Good times!