Monday, March 9, 2009

March Madness











Well, it hasn't really been madness, but there is a lot of activity at our house right now. We just finished painting and putting together our bedroom and now we are trying to get motivated enough to start the baby's room. I have picked the colors and the crib bedding is being made. We haven't bought a lot of other stuff, but I am hoping to go shopping by the first of April. It is a lot of work to clean out a "playroom", purge old baby clothes/items, and get walls ready to paint! I have been exhausted, but it will be worth it. I cannot wait to have the baby's room ready so I can start washing clothes and "setting up" the nursery. Hopefully, I will keep feeling well, keep the blood pressure under control, and stay motivated (a lot of days the most difficult part!). I am hoping to get all this stuff done by April 1 so I can spend my "nesting" time doing easy things like cleaning out cupboards and making room for bottles! The real tricky part of the next 9 weeks will be fitting in weekly Dr. appointments, Ultra-sounds, & NSTs along with my full-time job & the kids! I keep reminding myself that we are almost done!
We still haven't found a name for our little guy. We are open for suggestions! We are having a hard time agreeing on a name. We do want it to be a little different, but not weird! I like simple names that you can't make "nicknames" out of. We don't want there to be 5 of them in the same class so it can't be too trendy. The middle name is Robert. Help us out!
The girls are doing well. We are trying to get Ashlyn to learn her letters. She has absolutely no desire to do this. She starts kindergarten in July so we are running out of time! I have made up games, bribed with treats, and even bought a "computer keyboard" just for her. She is doing a little better in preschool so I am happy. Hopefully we can make it through the next 2 months without her hating it too much & actually "graduating"!
Tally is doing well with basketball--her last game is this week. It has been really fun to watch the kids/team progress over the last 6 weeks. Lots better than some of the other sports they have played. She is off-track right now so the house is crazy, loud, & messy with both girls home all day.
Well, that is our life right now. Here are some random picks of Ashlyn playing on the stairs & Tally playing with "Bendaroos"!

2 comments:

Nikki said...

I love Ashlynn's little pose. So cute! HMM...I will have to think about some names. I have one but I think I already told you. I like Chase. Although, I might use it if we have another boy. I like Cole but it is way trendy. HMM..

Heather said...

Since you don't like my other name suggestion... how about Logan, Parker or Alex?