Saturday, May 16, 2009

Happy Birthday Ashlyn!
















Ashlyn turned 5 on the 6th. I cannot believe it! It seems like yesterday that she was born. All she really wanted was a bike & picked this one out. It is actually a little small for my giant 5 year old, but what do you do when it is all she wanted? We will have to upgrade to a bigger one if she remains interested. She is cute riding it around the neighborhood with her ginormous pink helmet. I tried to be a domestic diva and make the princess barbie cake. I think it turned out pretty well considering I had to make it twice! The first one caved in on herself. I was devastated and almost gave up, but she really wanted a barbie cake.
We took Ashlyn to Chuck E. Cheese with all of her little friends for a birthday party. A crazy, but fun night. Ash loves being "5". She has her Kindergarten checkup this week though so we will see if she still likes 5 after that! I had to throw one photo of Marshall in there. Ashlyn loves her brother and is always smothering him with kisses and talking to him in her "mom" voice (SUPER, SUPER high and loud!). He doesn't seem to mind though. He has even smiled at her a couple of times (yes he smiles and it is not just gas! Tally was an early smiler too.)

1 comments:

Jeff and Nanci said...

I am very impressed with your cake making domestic skills. I could never do that. Happy Birthday Ashlyn. Your baby is so darling. I hope you are still enjoying your time off. We miss you!